Ask Your Friends And Associates
Quality Vs. Time
Get Painting Estimates From At Least Three Painting Contractors
Interview Each Candidate
- How long have you been in business?
- What type of painting projects does your company specialize in – new construction, residential repaints, condominiums or commercial properties?
- Are you licensed as a professional painter?
- Is your company going to do the work or are you sub-contracting it?
- What is going to be painted?
- How much masking, taping and covering with drop cloths will be involved?
- What is the extent of surface restoration?
- What is the method of paint application – spraying, brushing or rolling?
- How many coats of paint will be applied?
- What types of paints, primers and finishes would be used?
- How many painters would be involved in your painting project?
- When would you start and finish the painting?
Do you have references?
Be Specific About The Project
Importantly, be specific as
possible about which surfaces
you want to have painted (walls,
trims, moldings, ceilings, etc.)
the colours of paint and
finishes you want to be used.
Pay Attention To Behavior
- Does the contractor project a sense of professionalism and experience?
- Is the contractor courteous and business-like?
- Is the contractor busy? (Good ones usually are.)
- Does the contractor return phone calls and provide estimates in a timely manner?
Is the contractor on time for appointments?
Review The Contract
- Make sure that what is to be painted is specified in detail.
- Are details of masking and covering outlined?
- How about surface preparation?
- Are the paint colours and types of paint that would be used for each area specified?
- How much time would it take to complete the job?
- How many painters would be involved?
- When and how would the contractor be paid?
Choose Your Painting Option
- Get Your Painting Estimate
As soon as we get the information we need regarding your painting project, our team will contact you with a free estimate.